My dream app would consist of a Netflix integration that puts a personal trainer at the bottom right corner of my screen showing me what to do while I binge. But until then, if you share the same desire – I’ve got you covered.
I discovered the Intervals App a couple of years ago and have been a loyal user since. Intervals allows you to create your own – you guessed it – interval workout. But that’s not all. Drum roll please!
It is one of the only apps I have found that can play sound WHILE you are binging Netflix. Boom! All you have to do is follow the cues while you watch.
The cues can be custom set to verbally tell you “Push ups for 1 minute” or a simple sound to let you know to start your next interval. I prefer the quick spoken cue so that I don’t have to remember or think about what move to do next.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the Intervals App from the App store
- Make an account
- Press the blue “+” sign and select one of the following options: You can either use a template or create your own custom interval timer.
- Name each move (e.g. push ups) — these names will be said out loud if you choose that option.
- Choose how long to do each move for (e.g. Crunches for 1 min.)
- Then, choose how long your rest periods should be between intervals.
- Press start, and your workout will play (sound) over whatever show you’re watching on Netflix!
I make my own workouts. I have a 35-min. version and a full hour version, depending on how much time I have or how long the show I’m binging is.
I have the pro version of the app, but don’t worry. The only difference is that pro lets you make multiple workout plans, and the free version only allows one, so you’re good to try it out for free. Intervals works with Siri so you can pause and resume without switching off Netflix!
If you prefer visual cues, you can also split your computer screen into two browser windows (open 2 windows and resize both to fit your screen) and watch your favorite workout routine like so:
Yes, I am re-watching Parenthood again (this won’t be my last time)! And I highly recommend MadFit on Youtube — she has a killer selection of classes to target all body sections. Her classes range from 5-30 minutes, so you can pick and choose how many you want to do as your workout.
Happy Netflix & Sweating!
p.s. If you’re still looking for exercise equipment, it is finallystarting to be back in stock on Amazon. I use this resistance band set and this mat , still waiting on the weights to be back in stock…
What show will you watch while working out?