This slow cooker picadillo is one of my favorite recipes from my mom and by far my all-time favorite slow cooker recipe! This recipe is too easy to make. I have a few fun gadgets that make it even easier like my food processor, dicer and baggy stands. If you’re looking for more kitchen hack products, here are My Amazon Kitchen Musts!
Slow Cooker Picadillo
- Slow Cooker
- Cutting Boards
- Blender or Food Processor
- 3 Tomatoes on the Vine or 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 White Onion whole or pre-diced
- 1 Garlic Clove whole or pre-minced
- 1 lb Ground Beef can be subbed for Bison or Turkey
- 1 cup Baby Veggies (corn, carrots, green beans) can be bought pre-cut & frozen
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 3 Small White Potatoes
- If using whole tomatoes, cut them into thirds and remove seeds.
- Dice 1/2 of your onion
- Mince the garlic clove
- Put the 1/2 diced onion, tomatoes and minced garlic clove in the blender. Blend until liquefied.
- Dice potatoes
- Put the rest of the ingredients: potatoes, almond slivers, raisins, choice of meat and baby veggies in freezer bag or in slow cooker if you would like to cook it right away.
- Add the tomato & onion sauce. Your recipe is either ready to freeze or cook!
- After defrosting, stir the ingredients and break up any large chunks
- Slow cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours
If you’re looking for more easy recipes, make sure to check out my other recipes!
I hope you love this Slow Cooker Picadillo! Let me know what you think!