Slow Cooker Picadillo
My mom's very own slow cooker Picadillo recipe, a super easy to make one-pot meal.
Yield: 4 people
- 3 Tomatoes on the Vine or 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 White Onion whole or pre-diced
- 1 Garlic Clove whole or pre-minced
- 1 lb Ground Beef can be subbed for Bison or Turkey
- 1 cup Baby Veggies (corn, carrots, green beans) can be bought pre-cut & frozen
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 3 Small White Potatoes
If using whole tomatoes, cut them into thirds and remove seeds.
Dice 1/2 of your onion
Mince the garlic clove
Put the 1/2 diced onion, tomatoes and minced garlic clove in the blender. Blend until liquefied.
Put the rest of the ingredients: potatoes, almond slivers, raisins, choice of meat and baby veggies in freezer bag or in slow cooker if you would like to cook it right away.
Add the tomato & onion sauce. Your recipe is either ready to freeze or cook!
After defrosting, stir the ingredients and break up any large chunks
Slow cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours